Security is one of our highest priorities, which is why we require two factor authentication at login. Two factor authentication is a common method used online to ensure that only you can log in to your account. When you log in from a new location, we prompt you for a code that is either emailed or texted to you. This way, if someone gets your password, they still will not be able to log in.
You will be prompted for a 2 factor authentication code when:
- You log in from a new, unrecognized device.
- You are over 50 miles away from the location where you last logged in.
You have two options for two factor authentication that can be changed in your account settings. The default method to receive your two factor authentication code is email. Follow these steps to change to a receiving your code in a text message:
1. Select your name in the upper right corner and then select My Account from the list.
2. Select Send a Text Instead under the note that says “When signing in from a new location, we’ll send you an email.”
3. Enter your cell phone number and select the Next button. The number entered at this point must be able to receive text messages. You will receive a confirmation text message.
4. Enter the code you received and select the Submit button. You are set up to receive text messages for two factor authorization instead of email.