Snapdocs integrates with Quickbooks online to help you manage your accounting efficiently. The following article explains how the integration works and what you can expect.
What syncs from Snapdocs to Quickbooks?
When the integration is set up, orders that have a completion status added, sync to Quickbooks only when the "Sync" button is clicked. For each order Snapdocs will transmit a bill, an invoice, a vendor and a customer. How do these translate?
- The bill is the notary payment that is due to be paid.
- The invoice is the client payment that is owed to your company.
- The vendor is the notary and their payment information that gets added to your Quickbooks account. Each vendor is only added once. Snapdocs recognizes the already added Vendor for all following syncs.
- The customer is your client company that gets added to your Quickbooks account as a Customer. Each customer is only added once. Snapdocs will recognize the already added customer for all following syncs.
What does NOT sync from Snapdocs to Quickbooks?
- Any updates to an order that have happened after the order has synced to Quickbooks.
- Payment status and details will not sync from the order in Snapdocs into Quickbooks.
What syncs from Quickbooks back into Snapdocs?
- If a notary payment has been made and marked in Quickbooks (i.e. a check has been printed) the order in Snapdocs will be marked as paid the next time you sync.
- If a client payment has been marked as received in Quickbooks the order in Snapdocs will be marked as paid the next time you sync.
Q: I had to change the notary fee on an order in Snapdocs, will that information sync into Quickbooks?
A: If the order is not already synced to Quickbooks, the changes will go through. However, if that order has already synced to Quickbooks, it will not sync again and the changes will have to be made manually in Quickbooks.
Q: A notary updated their payment address, will this be updated in Quickbooks?
A: The notary's information will be updated in Quickbooks but only when it syncs an order that notary needs to be paid for. Snapdocs will not sync the updated information until the next time you work with and pay that notary.
Q: I am on VendorPay, should I use Quickbooks too?
A: Please read more information about the way Quickbooks integration interacts with VendorPay.
Q: I removed a notary from an order and noted in Snapdocs that I still owe them a fee, will both notary fees sync to Quickbooks?
A: Yes! You should see a bill for that notary sync into Quickbooks. The description will include the order number as well as "REMOVED" to indicate that it was the removed notary.
Q: I have been marking all of my bills and invoices as paid in Snapdocs, why aren't they marked as paid in Quickbooks too?
A: Payment status does not sync from Snapdocs to Quickbooks, only the other way around. Quickbooks is meant to manage all your accounting, so payments should be mostly tracked using their software. Bills and invoices marked as paid in Quickbooks will sync back into the Snapdocs order and mark them as paid.