Snapdocs is a centralized location for many people involved in the loan closing process. Each role has its own set of permissions.
- The Admin or Scheduler can communicate with anyone on the order, upload docs, download docs, edit the order, use the automator to search for notaries, and much more. These roles are the focal point of the order.
- The notary or signing agent can communicate with the Admin company but cannot communicate with anyone else through the order in Snapdocs. They can upload docs, download docs, confirm the appointment with the borrower (see more about this setting), and add a completion status.
- The client user can communicate with the admin company, participants and the borrower. They cannot communicate directly with the notary. Client users can create orders, upload documents, add participants and comment on the order.
- The participants can access basic details on an order and communicate with the client user, admin company and borrower. The participant can only communicate and add other participants.
- The consumer can have different levels of access, depending on what the Admin determines. The Admin can decide whether to include the consumer on a per order basis or at a client level. If the consumer has access to the order they can see basic order information and communicate with the Admin company. Note: The Snapdocs platform does not allow the consumer to be added as both a consumer and a participant on any given order. When the same contact information is provided for the consumer (signer) and the participant, an error message comes up.
If you have been set up with multiple roles (e.g., as a client user and a company admin), you have multiple dashboards. The dashboards look different and contain different orders, which can sometimes be confusing, however navigating between your multiple roles and dashboards is very easy.
Select your name in the upper right corner and what role you are currently logged in as and all of your other user roles will appear. Select the role you are logging in as to be taken to your other dashboard. Your roles and dashboards are only connected if they are set up with the same email address.