When selecting a signing agent to hire, companies often consider a number of things, including your profile photo. In fact, we’ve found that signing agents with a profile photo are 3.5x more likely to be hired.
A professional profile photo can help you stand out from the crowd and inspire confidence in both companies and consumers. Your name and profile photo may be shared with consumers ahead of time to help them feel a bit more comfortable with meeting you.
To help you put your best foot forward, here are some tips on how to select the best profile photo to represent you:
- Your profile photo should represent who will be doing the signing. Your profile photo should not be a photo of your pet, friends or family members, objects or scenery, or your business logo. Instead, it should be a photo of yourself as you’ll be the signing agent who companies are hiring and consumers are meeting.
- Crop your photo so the focus is on you. If you’re using an image where there’s a lot of space in the background, we recommend using our cropping tool to remove the extra space around you. Doing so allows companies and consumers to easily and clearly see who they’ll be working with when viewing your profile photo.
- When in doubt, err on the side of professionalism. Your profile photo represents you and your brand. What do you want it to say about you? While you don’t have to be dressed business professional for a great profile photo, looking put-together and polished can help create the impression that you are professional and knowledgeable.
- Simple, clear, and well-lit photos are best. There’s certainly no need to get a professional photo taken in order to have a great profile photo. When choosing your profile photo or having someone take a photo of you, a few small things can make a big difference. Choosing a simple and uncluttered background is an easy way to draw the viewer’s eye to the subject of the photo. Also, taking a photo outdoors will usually yield better lighting.
Now that you know what makes a great profile photo, you can easily upload your profile photo and change it at any time. To do so, just follow the instructions here:
1. Login to your Snapdocs account.
2. Click on My Profile in the left-hand column.
3. On your My Profile page, click the Add a Photo button if it's your first time uploading a profile photo to your account. If you're replacing an existing photo, the button will usually say Change Photo instead.
4. A pop-up should appear where you can then choose the photo you'd like to use by clicking the Select Photo button. If you're replacing a current photo, click the Select a different photo button instead.
5. Once you've selected the photo you'd like to use for your profile, you should then see a couple of options to format the photo. Click on the Rotate button to rotate the photo by 90 degrees. To crop your photo, click on any corner of the dotted box and drag your mouse to select the area of the photo that you'd like to crop. Click inside of the dotted box to move it around and focus it on a different area of the photo that you'd like to crop. Once you've got your profile photo how you'd like it, click the Crop and Save button to crop your photo and save it.
6. If your profile photo has been successfully saved, it should now appear on your My Profile page.