When searching for a notary, an order request is sent to the notary with the order details. A custom message, or the Automator Message, can be added to the order request that provides any additional details the notary may need to complete the signing. For example, if the notary must bring a witness to the signing, this information is not provided in the order details and can be added as a message on the request so the notary knows this requirement before accepting the signing. This message can be customized for each individual order.
The order request details include:
- The time and date of the signing.
- The city, state and zip of the signing.
- The fee they would be paid for the signing.
- Information about VendorPay (specifically, a clarification that if they accept the signing, they will receive payment for it via direct deposit, if VendorPay is enabled for your company).
- The delivery method for the signed documents to go back Escrow.
- Whether scanbacks are required.
- The type of transaction and the product to be signed at the appointment.
- The company and Escrow officer that placed the order.
- The Automator Message (if added)
Add an Automator Message
To add an Automator Message:
1. Select Search agents on the order page.
2. Select the Automate Search button.
3. Enter additional details required of the notary for the signing in the Add a custom message box.
4. Select Start Automator.