We give you a lot of tools to manage your notaries. Despite our best efforts, though, sometimes a notary just doesn't work out. In instances where that has happened, we recommend that you deactivate them. When you deactivate a notary, they will no longer appear in your automated searches and will not be assigned to orders. You can choose to deactivate a notary for all clients or for a particular client and view all deactivated notaries of a client.
Note: Deactivating a notary will affect their Notary Score.
Deactivate a Notary
Remove notaries from receiving your order requests by following these steps:
1. Select Admin > Notaries to bring up the list of notaries in Snapdocs.
2. Use the search function to locate the notary you would like to deactivate, then select the notary to open their profile.
3. Select Deactivate.
4. Provide a reason for the deactivation by choose one of the options.
Note: If the reason for the deactivation is I don't want to work with this notary, the system will allow you to deactivate them from all clients or on a client-by-client basis.
Deactivate a Notary For Multiple Clients
1. Choose the client company then select the Continue button.
2. Refresh the notary's profile page, then look for the Client Deactivations section.
3. Select view to confirm the client name is in the Client Deactivations list.
4. To deactivate the same notary for the second client, select Deactivate again.
5. Choose the next client and repeat the steps until you have chosen all the clients you do not want this notary to work for.
View All Deactivated Notaries For a Client
You can see all deactivated notaries for a given client by visiting the client's profile page. To do so:
1. Select Admin > Clients to bring up the list of clients.
2. Select the client name to open their profile page.
3. On the profile page, navigate to the Preferred Notaries section and select Deactivations to see the list of deactivated notaries for the client.
Click on the Deactivation tab to bring up the list of deactivated Notaries for this client:
Tip: To activate a notary for this client, select the Activate button next to the notary’s name.