To place an order in Snapdocs:
1. Login to your Snapdocs account. The first page you will see when you log into Snapdocs is the dashboard. Here you will see a list of all your orders, filtered by owner, date, and status. You can learn more about how to filter your dashboard here.
2. Select + Import Pending Order on the right of your screen.
Note: If you do not want to import a pending order you can manually add an order by clicking on the arrow on the right hand side of the box and selecting Add order manually in the drop down menu
3. Provide the necessary information to your order. When you are done filling out the required fields, select Create Order at the bottom of your screen.
Note: If you have Enhanced Automation turned on for your company, you will be able to start the automator directly from the Create Order page.
4. Find a notary by selecting Search agents in the top left or right hand sides of your screen.
5. Once you see a list of nearby notaries, you can filter the notaries that appear here based on criteria you set on this page, or in your Search Preferences. Then, when you’re ready, click Automate Search at the top right of your screen.
6. You can edit the automated template or send as it is. Click Start Automator to automatically text and email available notaries.
Note: Texts and emails are sent every 15 seconds. You can edit the time between messages in your Search Preferences. When the message has been sent, you will see the notary contact highlighted in blue and the status changed to Sent.
As notaries respond, you'll be able to see who is Available and who has Declined the signing:
You will then see Notary Assigned in green on your checklist and the notary's information on the right side of your screen.
Note: If you have Enhanced Automation turned on for your company, you can choose to have notaries who meet your company's standards automatically be assigned to an order as soon as they accept the signing.
8. Select Send client confirmation in your checklist if you included someone at the client company who needs to stay in the loop about the signing.
Note: You can edit the automated template here or in your Email Templates, or send as is. When a participant is included on the order, they will get a confirmation along with the client when you send this message. If you have Enhanced Automation turned on for your company, you can choose to have these confirmations go out automatically as soon as a notary is assigned.
9. Upload documents to your order. You have a number of options for how to upload docs, including dragging and dropping or pushing them over through an integration with your preferred title production software. You can learn more about all the different ways to upload and send docs here.
10. Once docs have been uploaded, there are a number of different ways to have them sent to the notary. You can choose for them to be sent automatically, or you can choose an option in the dropdown by clicking Send docs to notary and specifying how documents should be sent to the notary.
Now that you've done all you need to do for this order, you can wait for the signing to take place, for the notary to add a signing status, and for the order to automatically close.