An admin can adjust the order settings to set a prompt on the confirmation email sent to a notary, requiring them to confirm the appointment with the signer (consumer). The notary and the signer receive emails to confirm the appointment. The notary and/or the signer can confirm the appointment on the order. The confirmation details appear on the order page.
Set up prompt for notaries to confirm appointment with signers
To turn on this setting:
1. Select Admin > Company Settings > Settings
2. Select the checkbox for "Attempt to confirm the appointment with the consumer."
The instructions on the confirmation email to the notary note, “Please call the signer [signer name and contact number] to confirm the appointment time and location. Report their status here.”
- The notary selects Report their status here to go to the order page.
- The notary selects the Confirm button to add the status of the confirmation.
Note: The Confirm button does not appear on the order if the signer's phone number is not included on the order. A co-signer's phone number on an order does not suffice. The order must include the signer's phone number.
On the notary’s order page, a note appears in the order information section stating the appointment is confirmed with the signer.
If the signer (consumer) is included on the order to receive confirmation emails, they can confirm the appointment as well. They receive an email asking them to confirm the appointment electronically.
- When they select the I am available button in the email, they see a screen that shows the appointment information and that it is confirmed. They can add a contact number if one is not already provided.
- The signer can request a new appointment time
Order page view
After the order is marked as confirmed:
The confirmation status on the order changes from Unconfirmed to Confirmed.
A message appears in the Activity section noting who confirmed the appointment.