You can track any expenses you incur, including your mileage, on Snapdocs. To add, delete, or edit an expense, please take a look at the following instructions. Learn more about mileage here.
Note: Your expenses and mileage are for your personal use only. Companies cannot see your expenses for a signing, which means that they will not be reimbursed.
How to Add an Expense From the Order Page
1. Log in to your account and select an order on your dashboard that you'd like to add an expense for.
2. Scroll down until you see My Expenses on the right. Select Add or Add expense for this signing to add an expense. If you'd like to add mileage to an order, select add now instead. Note: While Snapdocs automatically calculates mileage for you, mileage isn't calculated until the signing has been completed.
3. You’ll see a field to enter the name of your expense and another field for the expense amount. Once you're done entering the information, select Ok to save.
4. To edit an expense or the mileage, select the gray pencil icon.
How to Add an Expense From the Accounting Page
1. Log in to your account, go to your Accounting page, and select Expenses.
2. Select Add Expense to add in an expense that isn't tied to a signing. If you'd like to add an expense that you incurred for a specific signing, select Add next to the signing you'd like to add an expense for instead.
3. You will see the following fields appear. If you've changed your mind and don't want to add an expense, just select x on the right side.
4. Fill in the fields with the expense that you would like to add. Select Ok after you're done. Don't worry - you can always go back and edit your expenses at any time.
5. After you've successfully added the expense, it will appear at the top of the list.
6. If you refresh the page or go to another page and then come back to your Expenses page, you’ll see that the added expense is now listed among your other expenses based on its date.
How to Edit or Remove an Added Expense
Only expenses that you've manually added in can be removed. Your mileage is automatically calculated and added to your expenses.
To edit or remove an expense:
1. Log in to your account, then go to your Accounting page, and select the Expenses tab.
2. Select the pencil icon next to the dollar amount to edit the expense that was added. Select the garbage can icon on the right to delete the expense that was added.
How to Download a History of Your Expenses
To download a history of all your expenses:
1. Log in to your account
2. Go to your Accounting page
3. Select Expenses.
4. On your Expenses tab, select Download all.
Note: If you don't want an entire history of all your expenses, select Filter, then select the date range that you'd like to download your expenses for. A From field and a To field will appear. Select the empty fields to enter the From and To dates that you'd like to see your expenses for. After you’ve chosen your date range, select Go to filter your expenses by that time period. When you’ve successfully filtered your expenses, the page will reload and you will only see expenses that were incurred during the time period specified. You can then select Download all to download the expenses you filtered by.