You can eliminate extra manual work and quickly transfer information and docs from one software to the other with the Snapdocs/RamQuest integration. This article explains what the integration can and cannot do and how to get this set up.
How do I integrate RamQuest with Snapdocs?
To set up a RamQuest integration, contact your RamQuest representative and ask them for the Snapdocs integration. Once they receive the request Snapdocs works with RamQuest directly to set up the integration.
When the integration process is complete, we notify you and have you send over a test file.
What can you expect the integration to do?
In your file in RamQuest, you can send over each signing per file in a few quick steps.
- After your file is ready to close, open the Closing Market tab and select Submit.
- Fill out the necessary signing information and then select Edit in the Signer section, to add the signing party.
- Select which signer to add to the signing. Fill in the details you’d like to add (e.g., phone number(s) and email address) and then select Save.
- Enter any special instructions in the Instructions section and select any documents that you would like to send over. Note: Documents do not need to be sent initially - they can be sent over at a later date. We cover how to do so later in this article.
- Select Submit. It may take a moment for the signing to send over. You see confirmation that it was successful within RamQuest. After you receive notice that it was successful, the order appears in Snapdocs. Each signing in the Closing Market tab for a RamQuest order creates a separate order in Snapdocs.
What information is sent from RamQuest to Snapdocs?
When you send a signing from RamQuest the following information passes into Snapdocs:
- Client contact
- Signing type (product)
- Signing location
- Property address
- Signing Date and time (including TBD, ASAP, in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening)
- Borrower/Signer information (including name, email address, and phone numbers)
- Co-signer information (if applicable) (including name, email address, and phone numbers)
- Special instructions (if applicable)
Here is the order view in Snapdocs with the corresponding information that comes from RamQuest:
If you update any of the above information on the RamQuest side in the Closing Market, it will also update the order in Snapdocs.
You will see an order created comment in the Activity section of the order in Snapdocs that looks like this:
How to transfer documents
You can transfer documents to Snapdocs through the integration by sending the necessary documents to FileScan and web-published in RamQuest.
- Select the printer icon in the top navigation bar. Then, select the docs from the list and then select the arrow between the lists to move them into the print section. Finally, select Print Documents to open the print preview window.
- Fill in any required details on the document. Add the necessary information then on the toolbar select Send To. Choose FileScan and then select the option As PDF from the list.
- Add docs then select the FileScan icon on the main toolbar. Find the document in the left column then right click on it. Select the option to Publish to PaperlessCloser. They will appear as an option in the Closing Market.
- To send them, select the boxes for the docs you want to send and then select Submit. The documents selected in the Closing Market will appear on the order in Snapdocs.
What information is sent from Snapdocs to RamQuest?
Snapdocs sends when a notary is assigned, when the notary confirms the appointment with the signer, when a notary uploads scanbacks, when a notary adds a signing status (Completed or Did not sign), and when a notary is removed from an order to RamQuest.
When a notary is assigned in Snapdocs
A note is made on the file in RamQuest when a notary is assigned. Additionally the notary information is displayed on the signing in the Closing Market.
Note: All notes from Snapdocs in RamQuest will begin with "Snapdocs:"
When the notary confirms the appointment with the signer in Snapdocs
The status of the signing changes to Confirmed on the signing in the Closing Market.
- If the notary cannot reach the signer to confirm the appointment and selects this option in Snapdocs, the status section of the signing in Closing Market will note that the signer is unreachable.
When a notary uploads scanbacks
The attachments section of the signing in Closing Market populate with the documents uploaded by the notary. There is also a note in the notes section of the RamQuest file stating that the notary uploaded documents.
When a notary adds a signing status
A note is added to the order in RamQuest and the status is changed in the Closing Market when a notary adds a signing status in Snapdocs. Note: If an admin user marks a signing as Completed or Did Not Sign in Snapdocs, the same behavior occurs.
Signing is Completed:
Signing is a Did Not Sign:
When a notary is removed from an order in Snapdocs
A note is added to the order in RamQuest when a notary is removed from an order in Snapdocs. When a new notary is assigned, another note is added to the order about the new notary assignment and the notary's details are visible on the signing in Closing Market.
What doesn’t the RamQuest integration do?
The integration doesn't update the status of the order in Snapdocs (i.e., Completed, Canceled, On Hold, etc.). You also cannot reactivate a canceled order in RamQuest.
Update order status in RamQuest
If you update the status on the order entry page in RamQuest, it does not change the order in Snapdocs. To cancel the order via RamQuest, you have to select Canceled in the Closing Market.
If you cancel a signing in RamQuest, there is no way to reactivate that order. A new signing must be created. Note: Snapdocs does not charge for canceled orders so there are no consequences to creating a new order.