You can reschedule a signing appointment on an order with an assigned notary by using the Reschedule button. This button will only appear if there is a notary assigned to the order. If you need to change the time for an appointment before assigning a notary, use the Edit button. You can set who receives emails & notifications for appointment confirmations and reschedules in your company settings.
Reschedule an appointment
To reschedule an appointment with a notary:
1. Select the Reschedule button.
2. Choose the date and time.
Note: You can choose if the appointment should be at, before, or after a specific time depending on if there is flexibility in the signing time.
Tip: Leave the Confirm with Notary toggle On if you want a message to be sent to the notary to confirm they are still available.
3. Select Reschedule to save the changes.
: If the Confirm with Notary toggle is left on, a message appears on the order in the Notary section stating “Confirming rescheduled appointment with notary.” Select the View details link to view how many messages asking for the notary to confirm have been sent, when the last message was sent, when the next message will be sent, and the option to cancel the confirmation request.
- Select the Cancel confirmation button if you do not need the notary to confirm the appointment but have sent them the request.
- You can remove the notary from the order even if you have sent the confirmation request by selecting Remove.
- The notary receives an email with a message that the signing has been rescheduled and asks them to update their availability.
- When they select the Respond button they are taken to the order in Snapdocs to update their availability. They can select either the Available or Not Available button. They can also add a message to the Enter optional note box if they are available at a different time or have another message they want to relay in regards to their availability.
- If they select the Available button: A note left on the Activity section noting they are available for the new appointment time.
- If they select the Not Available button: A note is left on the Activity section noting they are not available for the new appointment time, a prompt to remove the notary appears in the Notary section, and you receive an email.
Setting Your Email and Notification Settings for Appointment Confirmations and Reschedules
To access your notification settings, select Admin and choose Company Settings. Select Notifications settings in the Email & notifications section.
You can set who receives emails and/or notifications for appointment confirmations and rescheduling.