- Communication and collaboration with participants on a Closing should be very intentional and obvious to avoid any information getting shared unintentionally with participants. These changes include:
- Participants are not included on comments by default, a user must select to share a comment with them.
- Comments to and from the participant are indicated with a "To/From Participant" badge in the Activity Feed (similar to the "To/From Consumer" tag that exists) so that you can easily see which comments are shared with participants.
- Learn more about this feature here.
- Settlement Agents and Lenders will be alerted whenever a closing is missing a consumer's phone number so that we can ensure we have the complete credentials for each consumer to login
- Once at least one consumer has a phone number, the notification is removed.
- You can still take actions such as adding documents to the closing, but the consumer will not receive any emails (preview, esign, read comments, etc) until a phone number is added.
- After the consumer phone number is added, emails will be sent to the consumer.
- If the phone number is never added, the closing will need to be completed as a wet signing.
- Settlement agents can now remove other Settlement Agents from their Settlement Offices.
Bug Fixes & Small Enhancements
- Settlement Agents will now receive a warning when editing a closing type so that they know how long it will take to re-process documents when switching the closing type.