- Settlement Agents will notice some design changes when they download documents for the wet signing. These changes make it more clear which documents should be downloaded depending on the signing type. This also ensures that documents don't get double-signed by disabling download of esign documents after the borrower has esigned.
- If you are looking to request a notary for the wet sign portion of a closing, you will notice a few helpful changes:
- A callout that educates you about the functionality so that you know when and how to use it.
- The location of the button to request a notary has moved up the page so that you don't miss it if you never scroll down!
- If you forget to select a scheduling company or signing product, we will provide a helpful error message.
Bug Fixes & Small Enhancements
- The location of the signing type (hybrid vs. wet closing) now lives on a fixed header atop the page, so that even if you are scrolling, you can easily reference the closing type.
- We've updated the design of the comments sections so that it is easier to see who comments are shared with.
- We've streamlined the layout of the closing details page, so when viewing from a mobile device, it is more responsive and less cluttered.
- Users with phone numbers from Puerto Rico, Canada, and the Virgin Islands can now receive text messages and phone calls from Snapdocs!