The safety of everyone in the Snapdocs community is the highest priority. As the situation with COVID-19 / Coronavirus evolves, we will post information pertaining to our signing agent community here. Additionally, we highly recommend that you stay close to the guidance issued by local health departments.
Please do not accept signings if any of the following situations apply:
- You have returned from international travel within the last 14 days
- You or household family members had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- You have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
If you believe you may be affected, you should not proceed with a signing and should contact the hiring party to let them know that the order needs to be reassigned.
Additionally, if you’d like, you can confirm with the borrowers beforehand that they are not sick and that none of the above situations apply to them. If you feel the environment of a signing will put you at risk in any way, please ask to be removed from the order.
To save yourself from getting notifications while you’re under the weather or not conducting signings, you can set an Out of Office status on Snapdocs.
If you will continue conducting signings during this time, please take the following precautions outlined by the CDC in order to protect the health and safety of yourselves and others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. You can find a list of EPA approved disinfectants here.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
Real estate (and therefore you, as a signing agent) are a critical piece of the United States economy. Stay safe, take care of yourself, and those around you. We’ll keep this page updated as we learn more.