Step 1: Make sure you are RON commissioned through your state
Before getting set up on Nexsys, you will need to get commissioned through your state in order to perform RON. For more information on how to do so, please contact your state’s commissioning authority. You can also reference our RON FAQ for Notaries for more information.
Step 2: Get your digital stamp and digital certificate (if applicable)
If you live in the states listed below, email email@example.com, and your stamp will be created and sent to you:
If you live in any other state that has authorized RON, you can obtain your digital stamp via the National Notary Association (NNA) by visiting their website: https://www.nationalnotary.org/electronic-notary-seal
Please note, if your state requires you to obtain a Digital Certificate, you will need to do so via Identrust.com. To help, Nexsys has created a training document that will walk you through this process.
Step 3: Create an account with Nexsys
Follow the steps below to create and complete your profile with Nexsys:
- Navigate to the Nexsys Clear Sign portal and click “Sign up now”.
- Enter your email address, password and name.
- Once you have entered your information, click “send verification code”. An email containing a verification code, will be sent to the email address you have entered. Retrieve the code from your email, enter it into the verification code box and click “Verify code”.
- Click on your name in the top right corner. From the drop down select “My account”.
- Click on “+ Add commission” to enter in your commission information, upload your digital stamp and upload your digital certificate.
- Once you have entered your commission information and uploaded your digital stamp and digital certificate (if applicable), click “save” to add this information to your account and complete your account.
*Nexsys has also created a training video that walks through the account creation process here. (Note: You may have to create an account to access the video – but don’t worry, it’s free!)
Step 4: Add RON-Nexsys as a language to your Snapdocs account
Once your Nexsys Clear Sign account has been completed, please add “RON - Nexsys” as a language to your account. You can do so by following the steps here.
Step 5: Complete Nexsys’ RON training
Nexsys has created a training to familiarize notaries with a RON signing. Please be sure to review the training prior to conducting your first RON signing.