There are many different ways for you to ensure that you are working with the highest quality notaries.
One of these tools is viewing a notary's credentials. We encourage notaries to upload many different types of credentials:
- Driver's License (for ID verification)
- Notary Commission
- Notary Bond (if applicable)
- E&O Insurance policy
- Background Check Report
- NNA Certification
- Bar Card (for Attorneys)
We also provide space for them to upload additional documentation if they choose.
Notaries that are Snapdocs Verified are guaranteed to have a valid Notary Commission, Bond (if applicable), Background Check Report, E&O Insurance Policy, and verified ID, as well as any other documents you have specified in your Verified Preferences.
You can see whether a notary has certain credentials a few different ways:
1) You can export Notary Vendor Info from your Accounting Tools:
Look at the report generated to see quite a bit of information about the notaries you have worked with within the specified time period, including whether the notary has uploaded a Notary Commission, Background Check, and has had their identity verified:
2) You can look on the Notaries page (Admin>Notaries), which will show you whether a notary has uploaded a W9, Commission and/or a Bond, as well as the amount for which they are insured and their Background check company:
3) You can click into a notary's profile for a look at their credentials in greater detail either from the Notaries page (Admin>Notaries>Individual profile):
Or on the order page:
*Please note: if you are using our Enhanced Automation Suite Settings and update your Notary Search Preferences, each notary that is automatically assigned will be guaranteed to have the particular settings you have specified.