Consumer scheduling allows the consumer to set a specific time for the signing appointment.
Follow these steps to set up an order for consumer scheduling:
1. Create an order with a date and enter the consumer’s email in the Signer section. Do not choose a specific time, but instead choose TBD, ASAP, in the morning, in the afternoon, or in the evening or leave empty.
2. Select Only Create Order instead of Create the order & Start Search, by selecting the down arrow next to the Create the order & Start Search button.
3. On the order page, where it usually says whether the appointment is unconfirmed or confirmed, it says Missing Time instead. From the list, select Contact Consumer.
Note: You can only choose to contact the consumer here when the Automator is not running and a notary has not yet been assigned.
4. Send the email to the consumer to prompt them to choose a time for the signing.
5. After the consumer selects the Pick your appointment time button, they will be offered a range of times for the date of the signing. If you have limited the time of the singing to a particular time of day (i.e., in the morning/afternoon/evening), the consumer's range of time choices will be limited accordingly.
6. After the consumer chooses a time, you will be notified via email and can start the Automator to look for a notary. You can also always adjust the time of an order, if need be, by editing the order.