You can use your Snapdocs account to track two of the most common types of notarizations - acknowledgements and jurats.
Tracking the number of acknowledgements and jurats you've done for a signing can be particularly useful when it’s time to do your taxes, as notary fees aren't subject to self-employment tax. You can find more information on the IRS's website here. If you have any questions about taxes and notary fees, we recommend consulting an accountant or tax advisor.
Note: This feature is for your own personal record-keeping only. We recommend factoring in any potential expenses or fees into the offered notary fee prior to accepting a signing.
How to Track Jurats and Acknowledgements
1. Login to your account at app.snapdocs.com to view your dashboard. From your dashboard, click on the order that you'd like to track the number of notarial acts that were completed.
2. When viewing the order, scroll down the page until you see the Personal Expenses section located towards the left-side of the page.
3. Click Add notarizations.
4. You can then enter in the number of acknowledgements or jurats that were performed during the signing by clicking on the pencil icon.
5. After entering in the number of acknowledgements or jurats performed, click Ok to save the entry.
6. The number of acknowledgements or jurats should be updated after you click Ok.
How to Edit and Delete Recorded Notarizations
1. You can edit or delete a recorded notarization at any time. To do so, just click on the pencil icon next to the entry.
2. You can then edit the number of acknowledgements or jurats entered. To delete a entry, just zero it out. Once you're done making changes, remember to click Ok to save the changes.
How to Export Your Recorded Notarizations
1. To export a spreadsheet of the number of notarizations you've entered in for each signing, click Accounting from the menu on the left-hand side.
2. Your Accounting page is split into two sections - payments and expenses. Your notarizations are tracked under your expenses, so click on Expenses at the top of the page.
3. When viewing your expenses, you can export a spreadsheet of all tracked expenses by clicking Download all on the right-side of the page.
4. If you'd like to only download expenses that occurred during a certain time, click Filter to filter for expenses within a specified date range.