Your entire FedEx delivery workflow can now be automated with Snapdocs eliminating the need for your team to create and manually upload labels. Now, a FedEx return label can be automatically generated and uploaded with every order. This setting will be found on a per client company basis.
Here are the steps to turning this on:
- Open up 'Clients' underneath the admin dropdown
- Find the Client Company and go to their client company page
- Select 'Edit' and check the box for " Automatically generate FedEx Labels"
- Add the FedEx account number on the client settings page and hit 'Save'
- Labels will be automatically generated under that account number.
Creating and Tracking Fedex Labels
When a new order is created the label will auto-generate under the 'Documents' section on the order page. The notary will have the ability to download this label once they have been sent documents. The tracking number and shipping status will also be easily viewable on the order details page. The tracking progress will update as it does in Fedex. Clicking the 'Track Package via Fedex' will take you directly to the Fedex website.
How to edit an Auto-generated Fedex label
There will be times when you need to change the recipient or the location the package will need to be sent. Following this criteria will allow you to edit the Fedex label:
- Once the order is created, the scheduler will need to 'Delete' the existing label in the documents sections. Please note* When a label is deleted from the platform, it is also canceled in Fedex. Schedulers will not be able to delete downloaded and used labels.
- After this is deleted, the scheduler will see a new icon next to the pencil. Click on the new tag.
- This will prompt you to edit the existing criteria of the label. The fields auto populate with the client company and the client user attached to the order. Click on edit.
- Last, you will be provided with the Fedex label form. Change each field as needed and Hit 'Save.'
- The order requires a Date, Time, client, and Client user to generate a FedEx label.
- The Order will automatically close when Fedex marks the package as 'Delivered.'
- When the Fedex label is deleted on the Snapdocs order, then this will cancel the label.
- If you a notary downloads a label and it's is later deleted, then you will need to contact the notary.