Your entire FedEx delivery workflow can be automated with Snapdocs, eliminating the need for your team to create and manually upload labels. A FedEx return label can be automatically generated and uploaded with every order. After the setting is turned on for your client, the scheduler or admin user can create and edit FedEx labels as well as track FedEx shipments for each order.
Turn on FedEx autogenerate setting
Here are the steps to turning this on:
- Open up Clients in the Admin list.
- Choose the client company and go to their client company page.
- Select Edit Client and select the checkbox for Automatically generate FedEx Labels.
- Add the FedEx account number on the client settings page and select the Save or Save changes button at the top of the page. Labels are automatically generated under that account number.
You can create, track, and edit the FedEx label from your order.
- The order requires a date, time, client, and client user to generate a FedEx label.
- The order will automatically close when FedEx marks the package as Delivered.
- When the FedEx label is deleted on the Snapdocs order this will cancel the label.
- If the label is downloaded and is later deleted, then you will need to contact the notary.
Create and track FedEx labels
When you create a new order the label auto-generates under the Documents section on the order page. The notary has the ability to download this label after they are sent documents. The tracking number and shipping status are viewable on the order details page. The tracking progress updates as it does in FedEx. Selecting the Track Package via FedEx button takes you directly to the Fedex website.
Edit an auto-generated FedEx label
You can change the recipient or the location the package is sent to by following these steps:
- After the order is created, delete the existing label in the Documents sections by selecting the trashcan icon.Note: When a label is deleted from the platform, it is also canceled in FedEx.
- Select the tag icon next to the label name in the Delivery section.
- A window with the current information that auto populates for a label will appear. Select Edit to change this information.
- Enter the information you want on the new label and select the Confirm button to save.