The notary’s fee can be adjusted on the order. Only an admin or scheduler can make these adjustments. If a fee needs to be adjusted for any reason whether it is a decrease or increase to the current product fee, follow the steps below:
1. Select Edit in the Notary Fees section of the order.
2. Enter in a description for the adjustment and the amount you wish to add to or remove from the original fee.
- You can add more than one line adjustment to the fees by selecting +Add an adjustment.
- To decrease the original fee amount, add a minus sign to the fee adjustment amount.
- If you select the option to Share adjustment with the notary, the fee adjustment will appear as a separate line item on their invoice. If you do not select this, the notary will only see the fee total.
- Notary view of fees when line adjustment is shared:
Notary view of fees when line adjustment is not shared:
Whether you share the adjustment(s) with the notary or not, you will be able to see the adjustment(s) and total in the Notary Fees section on the order page.
You can make as many adjustments as you need. Lets say you want to subtract $15 now, you can "Edit" your Notary Fees and enter in "-15."