We don't have a preference as to which company you use as long as your background check report has the following required sections:
- SSN trace
- County criminal search
- Federal and nationwide criminal search
- Sex offender search
- Motor vehicle report (optional)
- Patriot Act search (optional)
If you're not sure where to start when it comes to getting a background check, we've received and verified many background checks from the following background check companies (please note that getting a background check report through one of the following companies does not guarantee that we can successfully verify it):
- Backgrounds Online: https://www.backgroundsonline.com/
- Crimcheck: https://www.crimcheck.com/
- NPBC: https://www.notarypublicbackgroundcheck.com/
- USA Background Checks: http://www.usabackgroundchecks.com/ (does consumer background checks)
Note: Some background check companies will only be able to do background checks if you get it done through an organization. If you are not part of a notary organization, group, etc., you'll need to look for a company that does consumer background check reports.
There are many background check companies out there. Feel free to use anyone that you'd like. We just recommend double checking that the company offers the sections we require in order to verify a background check. We'd hate it if you paid for a background check that doesn't contain all of the required sections!