Your security and the security of the documents and information you handle as a signing agent is a top priority for us. To increase the security of Snapdocs signing agent accounts, logging in requires two factor authentication (which is also sometimes known as two step login/authorization/verification).
Two factor authentication ensures that only you can access your Snapdocs account, even if the password for your account has fallen into someone else's hands.
What Is Two Factor Authentication?
When you login from a new device for the first time or change your password (and as a result, any devices that are currently logged into your account will automatically be logged out), you'll need to complete two factor authentication.
Instead of just having to enter in the email address and password for your Snapdocs account, you'll also be prompted to enter in a code that can be provided to you via either phone call, text message, or email.
How Do I Complete Two Factor Authentication When Logging In?
1. Log into your Snapdocs account at app.snapdocs.com by entering in the email address and password for your account.
2. If you enter the correct email address and password, you'll then be asked to enter in a sign-in code that has either been texted to you (if you have a mobile phone number listed on your account) or emailed to you (if you don't have a mobile phone number listed on your account). You can also request the code via a phone call by clicking the "Receive voice call" link.
3. Once you receive the text or email with the sign-in code, enter it and click the "Sign In" button.
- Re-send code - If you don't receive the text or email after a few minutes, click the "Re-send code" link to re-send the text or email to yourself.
- Remember this device - Check off the "Remember this device" box if you want Snapdocs to remember the device you're currently using and not prompt you to complete two factor authentication every time you log into your account using the current device. Leave this box un-checked if you do want to complete two factor authentication every time you log in using the current device.
4. If you've entered in the correct sign-in code, you'll be successfully logged into your Snapdocs account. If you've entered in an incorrect sign-in code, you'll see an error message letting you know.
Do I Have to Complete Two Factor Authentication Every Time I Login?
If you'd like to complete two factor authentication every time you log into your Snapdocs account, you certainly can, but it isn't necessary. If you don't want to be prompted every time you login, just make sure that the "Remember this device" option is checked off.
Two factor authentication is tied to the individual browser and device. This means that if you switch to a new device or a new browser that you haven't previously completed two factor authentication through, you'll be prompted to do so.
If you clear your browser's cookies, you'll be asked to complete two factor authentication when logging in. Also, if you don't have cookies enabled in your browser, this means that the browser can't remember that you've previously completed two factor authentication. As a result, you'll need to do so every time you login. If you'd like, you can enable cookies in your browser's settings to prevent this from happening.