Creating a strong password for any application or platform you are working on is crucial in creating a secure operation.
A password acts as one of the last lines of defense into an account or application, so you want to ensure it is difficult to decipher.
Here are some key points to remember when considering password security:
- Passwords must be long and complex.
- Long and complex passwords require more effort and time for a hacker to guess.
- Passwords should contain at least ten characters and have a combination of characters such as commas, percent signs, and parentheses, as well as upper and lower case letters and numbers.
- Users should never write down their passwords, as that makes it easier for the passwords to be stolen and used by someone else.
- Also, never use the same password for two or more devices, as hackers who break into one machine will try to use the same password to take control of others.
Some additional tips to help with passwords and password management include: Don’t reuse any passwords, use a password manager if possible, and do not share passwords with anyone.
*Always make sure you are using password protection, not only on all your personal accounts, but also on devices you may be using such as your mobile phone, laptop or desktop computer.*
For additional tips on improving your password security, check out this helpful article from Webroot: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/resources/tips-articles/how-do-i-create-a-strong-password