If the borrower is unable to, or is uncomfortable eSigning before the wet-sign appointment, you will need to convert the closing to a "full wet-sign closing”. However, be aware of the following:
- If the wet-sign appointment is within three hours, you will not be able to change the appointment type from hybrid to wet, or convert the closing.
- If this is the case, it is best practice to have the borrower eSign the outstanding documents, either beforehand or at the signing table. Through the platform, you can send them an email reminder to esign as well.
If, for any reason, the borrower truly can’t eSign, you can convert the closing to a wet-signing, and gain access to the full document package, through the following methods:
- Have the borrower opt out of eSigning
- Amend the appointment time, so that it is more than three hours in the future. This will allow you to convert the closing to a full wet-signing and access the entire package.
- The lender can resend the full package to you via the “add additional documents and rush documents” feature on the platform.
Note: You can always have the borrower eSign from their mobile device in person if they have not had a chance to eSign before the in-person appointment.