Schedulers will be able to provide further clarity to notaries on how and when to return scanbacks. In the initial signing request, notaries will clearly see the orders preferred scanback return method and scanback return deadline, before they even accept the job. Schedulers can now set clearer scanback expectations with these two new fields:
- Preferred Scanback Return method
- Tell notaries how scans should be returned including uploading to snapdocs, email, fax, or other.
- Snapdocs highly recommends selecting "Upload to Snapdocs" as your preferred scanback method. This option will immediately notify all stakeholders that signed documents are available. Unlike email, documents uploaded into the Scheduling portal are safe and secured from outside parties.
- "Allow additional return methods?" can be used if the notary runs into challenges with the primary return method.
- Scanback Return Deadline
- Indicate how quickly stakeholders need signed documents.
- In an ideal signing, scans are returned as soon as possible, which is why each option starts with ASAP and ends with the latest possible deadline. Choose the best option that fits the orders time constraints. Keep in mind, it may be tougher to schedule a notaries that can accommodate a quick turnaround time.
The requirements selected in each scanback field will populate onto the notary invite text/email. Setting a strict method and deadline could reduce the number of notaries available for a signing.
Where are these settings found?
Schedulers have the option to set default scanbacks settings for a specific product. When that product is selected, the default scanback settings will automatically populate in the order form.
Schedulers and client users have the ability to manually override the default scanback settings on an order by order basis by editing the order directly.
Who can see these settings?
All stakeholders will have the ability to view these instructions. Here are their views:
- Notaries and Clients will see these instructions in the confirmation emails and order detail page. Notaries will see this on each order invite.
- Schedulers will see these instructions in Search Agents(automator) message and order detail page.